WE NEED THE APPLICANT TO HAVE:
- Outgoing personality
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to push motorcycles around the dealership
WE HAVE A VERY AGGRESSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE:
Employee Discount, Competitive Wages, 401(k), Paid Vacations, Medical Insurance, Profit Sharing & More!
Job Title: Finance & Insurance Business Manager
Department: Finance & Insurance Department
Supervisor: General Manager / Dealer Principal
Direct responsibility for the Finance and Insurance operations of the Motorcycle Sales Department.
Key Result Areas
- Business office operations
- Maintain a collaborative working relationship with other dealership departments.
- Customer service
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1.) Business office operations
- Oversee and direct the business office operational activities related to providing finance, insurance, and extended service programs.
- Produce acceptable levels of revenue and profits for the dealership by selling finance, insurance, and extended service programs to new and used motorcycle customers.
- Cross-sell parts, accessories, and ready-to-ride products to customers.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with several finance sources, factory and otherwise.
- Actively recruit and maintain a strong market base for the providing of available finance and Insurance products. Pro-actively use sales techniques.
- Analyze departmental activities and practice effective problem-solving techniques.
- Employ a system of responsible accounting, including budget and internal controls. Set monthly sales objectives and attain goals. Provide with reports, as requested.
- Pursue a continuing program of formal and informal education and expertise to maintain, strengthen and broaden service. Belong to (or join) any relevant associations.
- Submit paperwork to and obtain approval from finance sources on all finance deals.
- Set up finance forecasting in conjunction with the sales department forecasting to achieve the desired percentage of penetration and income. This is to be done on both a monthly and an annual basis.
- Maintain files of active insurance and financial agencies. Maintain a Finance and Insurance logbook. Prepare monthly penetration reports on finance penetration.
- Establish and maintain procedures to ensure timely and proper completion of all sales-related paperwork. Also check all paperwork for correct title, line information, taxes, errors, etc.
- Handle all rate quotations.
2.) Maintain a collaborative working relationship with other dealership departments
- Act as a liaison to all departments in matters concerning Finance and Insurance.
- Assist and support overall company policies and procedures and support the dealer’s philosophy.
- Able to work cross-functionally with all departments, with an emphasis on the Sales Department and Service Manager.
- Provide supplemental assistance to a salesperson in the Motorcycle Sales Department. Work in conjunction with the sales team.
3.) Customer service
- Ensure high levels of Customer Service.
- Motivate entire staff to assure quality customer service to all clients.
- Maintain a quality assessment and improvement program to assure high quality service to all customers. Institute and employ a feature / benefit selling methodology so that all customers receive consistent treatment.
- Ensure that the delivery of any new or used motorcycle is an “EVENT” that will endear customer to the dealership.
- Contact customers using mailing lists, tickler files, and personal follow-up to encourage additional sales and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate commitment to the dealership’s philosophy of quality service to all customers and acts as a role model to other dealership employees.
- Be able to handle customer complaints quickly and courteously, demonstrating empathy, a positive attitude, and our commitment to “making things right”.
4.) Other Duties
- As assigned.
- Set up and maintain an adequate program which will ensure a 100% turnover ratio to the Business Manager or F&I department.
- Ability to effectively supervise professional and non-professional personnel.
- Ability to make strong independent decisions and the demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
- Be an example to department employees and other dealership personnel by appearance, attendance, being on time for work, and open to flexible scheduling.
- Establish and maintain an efficient, organized, clean and professional business office.
- Responsible for informing the entire dealership staff of any new programs or promotions relative to F&I. Also develop promotional campaigns in conjunction with other departments.
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
- Meet or exceed sales quotas on a regular basis.
- Continually learn more about the products and services you sell. Attend training sessions to keep current with F&I sales techniques and other sales department issues.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Must have the ability to get along with a wide customer base.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated “closing skills”.
- Knowledge and experience with sales of F&I products, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Computer literate with typing skills and open to learning new software and computer programs.
- Able to work effectively and courteously over the phone.
- Physical demand working condition.